I haven't posted--or even been inspired to post--in forever. Sad.
And I haven't been checking in on anyone else's blogs in the last couple months. Also sad.
A quick update on my family before I close the door on the Country Mouse House:
- My beautiful daughter and her husband have taken 3 month old Logan back to the hospital because he has a painfully difficult time digesting food. They haven't been able to get anyone to take their concerns seriously until now. Logan, when he isn't in agony, is a happy, sweet little guy. He has hit all his developmental milestones on schedule and appears to be headed in the right direction. The food/digestion thing needs to be worked out but besides that he's really doing miraculously well.
- My darling little Sweet Pea will celebrate her 2nd birthday in a little over a week. She is extremely verbally competent and, like her older brother, is quite clever. A little too clever sometimes : )
- And speaking of Sweet Pea's older brother, Gabe started Kindergarten this year *and* caught a 15 pound King salmon while fishing with Grandpa! w00t!
- Youngest has his driver's permit and thinks he's all grown up. As 15-year-olds do : ) He also had his very first day of school EVER recently. He's attending a private school for a couple classes a week and doing the rest at home as per the usual schedule of events. He has matured enough to begin to know his strengths and weaknesses and to know where he needs help. He also has become a much harder worker with school and sports and is doing well at football--freshman team (his first year playing.) He's such a laid back, sweet kid. It's great to see him coming into his own : )
- Number One Son is engaged!!! He finally asked his girl to marry him and it looks like the wedding will be next July before they move to Texas for grad school. Number One is also on the front cover of a climbing magazine. Kinda cool! He did some climbing with a friend this year in the Brooks Range in Alaska and actually named a mountain. Named it after his fiancee. What an unusual, and beautiful, gift : )
- My not quite adopted son, Guy, and I don't have as close a relationship as we once did but I think that's a good and healthy thing. He has come a long way--he has grown and has taken my naggy advice on many fronts. He will *never* admit to that though : )
- My sweet Mister and I are continuing to enjoy getting to know each other again now that we pretty much have an empty nest. He is still funny and sweet and a pain in the ass. Nothing's changed : )
- And the voices in my head for which I started this forum? Still there : ) Still raucous and bickering and still making me who I am : )
Thank you all so so so so so much for hanging out with me and being supportive and funny and loyal. I wish you all the best. Take care!