Friday, June 18, 2010

new nursery!

Yay!  I am happy to report that Logan was moved to the Intermediate Care Nursery on Tuesday or Wednesday (sorry--so much happening, I've lost track : )  The new nursery is much less "medical" and much more "baby nursery" in appearance.  It's cute and dimly lit and decked out in Beatrix Potter character paintings. 

Logan had an EEG on Wednesday morning but his mommy and daddy have been so busy tag teaming with his care and with the care of their other two children that they haven't had a chance to sit down with Logan's doctor and get the full report.  What they have learned from the nurses and one phone conversation with the doctor is that he is making improvements!  His sleep/wake patterns look normal (via EEG) and the voltage in his brain is higher than last time, however, I'm not sure if that's universally or in limited places. 

On the downside, he is having some seizure activity.  Not full-blown seizures, but it is problematic enough that he is on the highest possible dose of phenobarbitol and will have to be bumped up to the next level of anti-seizure drug.  I do not know whether there are any long term side effects to be concerned about--I can't think that far down the road right now.  I can only concentrate on the here and now at this moment. 

I wish I had updated pictures to share!  I have some on my phone but no way to upload them from the house where we are staying.  I am returning to work next week on a restricted hour schedule.  I will still be able to help the kids and I hope it will only be a couple more weeks until Logan can come home. 

Again--thank you all for the thoughts, prayer, and support.  You have no idea what strength I have been able to draw from that : )   And someday when things slow down, maybe I'll be able to catch up on your blogs as well!

8 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to report on Logan's progress. I'm so pleased to hear of so many good things. Sending hugs!

Kate said...

continuing to pray for all of you!!! thanks for the update!

Storybook Woods said...

Oh yeah, what a big step. So much good news in just one week. Still praying xoxox Clarice

Anonymous said...

All sounds very positive! I hope you are all enjoying each day and seeing more and more new progress!

Julie

ShallowGal said...

Holy smokes, I missed all this! Congrats K on your beautiful new grandson and I will keep him in my thoughts. (But I bet Logan is going to be one heck of a fighter!) xo, Amy

Hamlet's Mistress said...

Found your blog just today and I will be staying. Praying for you all that Logan will grow healthy and strong and come home soon.

Whitenoise said...

looking for an update!

harada57 said...

thanks

บาคาร่า