Tuesday, June 8, 2010

my grandson

I'm going to make this short.  Main details only:

My daughter was in labor on Sunday.  She was pushing when the baby's heartbeat plummeted and didn't recover.  An emergency C-section was performed but baby Logan was delivered without a pulse.  Resuscitation efforts went on for 15 minutes with no response.  At one point my daughter heard a nurse ask the pediatrician, "Do you want to call it?"  Shortly after that, Logan's heart started beating again.

Logan was without oxygen for at least 15 minutes.  It could have been up to 24 minutes.

He is a beautiful, 8 lb 8 oz, baby.  He's well filled out and physically healthy and lovely.  His heart and lungs seem to be strong and functioning well, but there is brain damage.  He is currently on a cold cap and will be until Thursday.  On that day they'll do brain function scans.  I don't know what or how much that will tell us. 

We are praying for miracles.  I don't think there's anything else to say but that.



Logan Wyatt



7 comments:

Angie said...

Beautiful Boy. Still praying.
Love, Angie

CSY said...

My prayers are with you and yours. He's beautiful!

DawnA said...

He is too cute. Sending well wishes and positive thoughts to you and your family.

Jen on the Edge said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Sending lots and lots of good thoughts your way.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure this is a very hard time for you -- a time you thought would be feeling very different. I hope you find out hear some positive news very soon. This has to be so hard on all of you.

Julie

country mouse said...

Thank you all so much for your support!

Angie--the care package was such a thoughtful treat--and it was so very "Angie" : )

DawnA, I wanted to send you an e-mail to thank you for your thoughts but I seem to have lost your original message in the shuffle. Thank you though! I don't think I've ever talked to you or Julie and I am so touched that you both took the time to tell me you're thinking of us.

Hi Jen and CSY! Thank you both for being in touch. I'll update soon!

Whitenoise said...

Kristin, I'm so sorry! I'm really hoping that Logan comes out of this okay! Best wishes!!!