Thursday, March 4, 2010

This is going to hurt you way more than it's going to hurt me.

In the midst of making my famous--and delicious--Mexican Chicken Chili, Youngest walks in to the kitchen and says, "That looks good. But you know what's really good? Grandma's white bean chili."

Oh, that poor, stupid little bastard.

"First of all, Youngest, you're not having any dinner tonight. Secondly, here's a heads up for you: If a girl is ever cooking you a meal do not start a sentence with, 'You know what's really good?' You'll thank me later."

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Funny! I have entered the stage of life where I'm hearing how "this is better than how you did it" from both my kids...mostly Dan. :) He adores Faith's cooking and doesn't keep it a secret. LOL! Good boy. A wife needs to know she is tops.

Oh btw...your header pic is so dang cute. So cute!

Tink said...

I see a practical living curriculum in publish!!!

CSY said...

Uh, yeah - I think I'll start teaching my boys things like that RIGHT now...

Storybook Woods said...

LOL, he should know better ;-P xoxoxo Clarice

Whitenoise said...

haha... poor bugger. As my wife says semi-seriously to my almost-16 yr old teen: "I'm going make your life hell..."

country mouse said...

I love that, Cindy : ) It's great to know your boy is happy even if it's at your own expense sort of : )

LOL, Tink! If all of us old parents put our heads together and wrote an owner's manual for new parents we'd make a fortune!!!

Yes, CSY, start teaching them now. There is no guarantee they'll ever learn (as my boys haven't yet . . . ) but it can't hurt to try to teach them, right? Or maybe it could hurt--the same kind of hurt that comes from banging your head against a wall repeatedly ; )

You'd think, right Clarice? But no. He does NOT know better!

That's cute, Captain--and true! So so very true--moms really have all the power over happiness : )