Monday, November 30, 2009

We've been together for 25 years. And there's nothing else to say about that . . .

Hubby and I just got back from having some "special alone time." Where "special alone time" equals we went to the local drugstore for Ibuprofen. And garlic crackers . . .

Yeah, our lives are provocative and wild!

As we pulled into the driveway I cheerfully said, "Hey, thanks for the date!"

"Sure," he answered, "anything for my lady." And then we got out of the car and he started walking to the house well ahead of me.

"Wait!" I whined, "Aren't you going take my hand and walk me to the front door like you used to when I was 17? Like you used to when you were hoping for a kiss and maybe to touch a boob?"

"Nah," he laughingly answered, "I don't want a kiss, you've been eating garlic crackers. And nowadays I have my own boobs to feel."

Middle age. Awesome!

6 comments:

CSY said...

My hubs and I have been together for 14 years...he doesn't try to feel me up as much either...

CSY said...

But that's ok, I've spit out 3 rotten spawn for him to be proud of...

Seals said...

Awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

ok, i did not need to read that! such a typical thing for dad to say though :)

Whitenoise said...

haha! ;-)

Jen on the Edge said...

Y'all sound like us. :-)