Tuesday, August 18, 2009

teach your children well

Opening our bank statement the other day, I was stunned. It's an account we don't have much money in. We only use it for paypal. It's at a different bank than we use for our checking, savings, etc.

I was floored to see almost $10k in the balance column.

How long has this been going on? Hubby has been secreting away money? Is he building a plan to leave me? Is he using this account as a means to pay his kept woman's bills? Oh no, he ditn't! He is so NOT getting away with this!

Before you could say, "Step back and think, woman!" I had a list half a dozen items long of things I would buy with that stolen money.

I'd love a new car.

A cruise!

A vacation on an island. With a ripped, young stud rubbing oil into my skin . . .

A shopping spree! In New York City.

I'll show that hubby of mine! There will be no embezzling of our family funds for his extracurricular activities!

Oh, wait a second. The name on this account is Douglas J. P____, not Douglas S. P____. This is my son's bank statement.

Never mind.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Oh Kristin! What a let-down. At least your son is squirreling away some $$. For his kept woman.

You know, it really would be a cinch to steal his identity and have that money after all. But you're not that kind of mom, I guess.

Hope to see you one of these days!

CSY said...

Huh...you can STILL take that va-ca...just 'borrow' some of his money....hehehehe! KIDDING!!! Just because I'd do that to one of my own, doesn't mean I need to spread my evil to others...THAT was a direct quote from my darling hubby...

CSY said...

Huh...you can STILL take that va-ca...just 'borrow' some of his money....hehehehe! KIDDING!!! Just because I'd do that to one of my own, doesn't mean I need to spread my evil to others...THAT was a direct quote from my darling hubby...

Kate said...

just as long as he's not socking $ away for your nursing home . . . . :)

Tink said...

I feel your pain...having well to do sons is a worm-hole feeling for sure!
Tink who just took out a refi to pay off the cancer...yahoo for 30 more years of mortage payments!!!!