Sunday, August 23, 2009

something's in the air

I feel like I've been through a very long creative drought. And suddenly, I want to read everything, and I want to cook everything, and I want to make, sew, create, repurpose, organize, clean EVERYTHING!!!

Which probably means I'm dying of some swift and terrible, and undiscovered, disease. Like John Travolta in that one movie. The one where he can predict earthquakes.

So if I don't post for awhile, it either means I died, or I'm learning Portuguese. Overnight.

I'll let you know how it goes . . .




A cake I made based (loosely) on Van Gogh's "Almond Blossoms."

Yeah. He'd be crushed to know he'd been this trivialized . . .

P.S. If I die, y'all will send armloads of sweet peas, right? RIGHT????

10 comments:

Angie said...

Well look at you! What is bringing this on? Hey, you dont' have time to be creative. I like your ideas, though. Report back and let us know what you've been up to. And for the record, I LIKE your cake. Beautiful and delicious, I'm sure.

And who the hell cares what Van Gogh would say. He's dead.

I'd like to see you soon!

xxoxo

Storybook Woods said...

Wow, when you go on a creative binge, you really do it. Just beautiful xoxoxoxox Clarice

Whitenoise said...

What about a sweetpea cake...?

Anonymous said...

i really am in a creative streak too right now. but i kind of feel guilty like i need to clean my house before i can start anything new though :(

country mouse said...

Ugh--"clean my house before starting anything new" is the BANE of my existence!!!!

Like mother, like daughter : )

ShallowGal said...

No you did not.

xo, SG

Whitenoise said...

So... how's that portuguese coming?
;-)

country mouse said...

Oh, my dear Captain . . .

Meu português, ela chupa.

I guess I don't have that brain tumor thing going on like John Travolta afterall. Too bad, I could have used the boost in the smarts department ; )

Cindy said...

Do you think it could be the change in season? Makes one want to be inside and do all those "homey" things we don't do in the summer when we're out enjoying the sunshine.
Then again, maybe you're nesting...are you preggers? Hee, hee.

Kate said...

ummmm . . . WOW!

THAT is a work of art, my friend!