Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Poor little Youngest.

Youngest is suffering a terrible loss of mother time because of a small thing called THE WEDDING THAT'S IN 11 DAYS!!!

Also, Youngest spends all his time hiking with friends and skateboarding and doing yard work for grandparents. Whenever I am home, he cares not whether he is here to take advantage of that wonderful fact. But the days when I go in to work, or, heaven forbid!, the time I am spending on last minute schlepping/creating/helping for the upcoming party he counts as time that I am blatantly ignoring him. If you could only see the pathetic expression on his sad little face as he moans, "I have no mother . . . *sigh* . . . "

Yeah. Don't try for the guilt or anything, Youngest.

Before he went to bed tonight I poked my head in to wish him sweet dreams and maybe give him a smidgen of my highly sought after attention.

"Goodnight, Youngest," I said.

"No sprecken ze Witch," came the reply.

If it hadn't been so clever I'd really be upset : )



motherless waif . . .

2 comments:

Whitenoise said...

funny kid ;-)

Jen on the Edge said...

Somehow, I think he'll survive.