Sunday, July 12, 2009

I know, I know, I haven't been updating at all . . .

T minus 3 weeks from the wedding.

My lovely daughter has everything very well planned out, but at the same time she is being laid back and trusting about the details. For example, her mentor, Sara, is making her dress. They bought the fabric and discussed the pattern months ago but only took Beautiful's measurements last Wednesday. Beautiful isn't worried. Sara will deliver and it will be lovely.

Though most everything has been thoughtfully mapped out--we have a timeline, we have farmed out tasks to willing family members--it's still difficult not to be a little frantic as the date nears. There are things I can't finish too far ahead of time--like the programs. There are issues we can't control--like extra people inviting themselves to the rehearsal dinner. But my sweet girl keeps reminding me (and herself) that it doesn't have to be a perfect day. It's a day to celebrate being a family with all the people she loves. The most important thing is that they will be married.

And I believe it when she tells me that. Last night I was at their house discussing the order of the ceremony. Lily stirred a little in her sleep so I picked her up and rocked her. Meanwhile, Daddy ran to get a bottle for his sweet baby. Beautiful looked at her slumbering child in my arms and then looked at Dan. I could see her expression change. A smile and a flush. Her eyes welled up. She is a woman who is deeply in love and is grateful for her blessings. And what a blessing it was for me to witness that moment.

*sigh* . . .


5 comments:

Storybook Woods said...

You have raised a caring, thoughtful beautiful, smart daughter, just like her mama. xoxoxo Clarice

Tink said...

Sweet scented joys only a mamma can smell!! My heart is overwhelmed with happiness for you.
Mwah!

Cindy said...

Wow...our kids must be getting married really close. Dan's wedding is Aug. 1st. I'm excited for you and for me! :)

country mouse said...

Beautiful's is August 1st too! I didn't realize that's when Dan is getting married. And congrats to you! Is Dan's a little more on the laid back/quiet side?

My lovely girl wanted hers to be smallish and not overly done, but inviting family alone put the guestlist up at 75 people . . . It's going to be nice though : )

Whitenoise said...

Very nice. :-) Your girl is wise beyond her years.