Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How I offended people this week

The wedding is Saturday. Most things are coming together very well (with the exception of a bridesmaid dress that doesn't fit at all . . . )

The groom's family is flying in tonight from Tennessee and Indiana. They called the groom, Dan, a couple days ago to ask what kind of attire would be appropriate for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Dan was at our house when the phone call came in, so he deferred to me.

The idea I wanted to get across to them was to feel free to keep it casual. However, as Dan was speaking to his younger brother, I also wanted to make it clear that casual did not mean sloppy. And my choice of words? To a young man I've never met? Who hails from the South?

"No wife beaters."

Yeah. I'm pretty sure our first meeting will go swimmingly . . .

6 comments:

Angie said...

Oh Kristin! Well you certainly got your point across, didnt' you?

Been thinking of you having to do wedding prep in this record heat.

I hope all goes well...

Love, Angie

Storybook Woods said...

Oh they will love you, we all love you xoxoxo Clarice

Seals said...

Awwww, don't worry about it. It's good to keep them on edge. ;)

ShallowGal said...

If I wrote a post entitled "How I offended people this week" it would be eleven million pages long. I think you're way ahead of the game!

xoxo, SG

Whitenoise said...

Nah, he'll never see himself in that comment... ;-)

Tink said...

You are sooo stinkin adorable~
Grasshopper