Tuesday, March 24, 2009

On-line solutions. Part I.

"I HATE BEING MARRIED!" I quietly opined.

"Oh?" he asked. With a raised eyebrow. And something else in his expression that I couldn't quite place. "Is that some sort of threat?"

"No," exasperation oozing all around my tone of voice. "A threat would have been 'If you don't stop doing that, I'll leave you.' I wasn't threatening. I was stating fact."

An hour later I sat down at the computer to check my e-mail.

"Hey--you didn't lose my place, did you?" Hubby wanted to know. Or, Hubby accused . . .

"No. I never mess with your craigslist searches. I always open a new window."

In fact, I never pay any attention whatsoever to his craigslist searches. They bore me. Car parts and motorcycles and all sorts of other odds and ends that he buys cheap, fixes and sells for a profit.

But something made me look this time.

To my surprise, Hubby's craigslist search wasn't automotive related at all. It was 'women seeking men.'

Hubby is actively looking for my replacement.

And now I realize, that extra something in his expression that I hadn't been able to place was hope . . .

Oy.

to be continued . . .

8 comments:

Whitenoise said...

Yikes. A stunning interception, Jim. The quarterback never knew what hit him.

Whitenoise said...

Hey, great new look, BTW. I like it.

Jen on the Edge said...

Um....

CSY said...

WOW! Maybe he was seeking a woman who'd pick up his dirty socks and underware from the floor...

country mouse said...

Not to worry, Jen--there was a happy ending . . . umm . . . er . . . you know what I mean : )

Flutterby said...

Hey you've got FIVE followers now! How did you make your way to my blog? I don't recognize any of your followers!
I hate to burst your bubble on the search, but if he was looking at "men looking for women" I kinda think that's counter productive. He should have been looking at "women looking for men" if he was searching for a replacement. I've left that window up on my hubby's computer several times now... so far he's been too dense to take the bait. I guess I need to up the ante somehow.

Julie B. said...

Hi, i just linked over to you from secret spineless (since I figure everyone reading/writing there is worth my time). Anyway, I read your last few posts and I'm hooked. I think you're hilarious!!! I jumped on as a follower - hope you don't mind :)

country mouse said...

Fluttyerby--I'm not sure? Secret Spineless Whine? Women's Colony? Bossy? Who remembers : ) And yeah, you're right--I think I wrote the 'men seeking women' thing backwards . . . whoops : )

Hey there, Julie--welcome aboard!

I thought I was going to finish the craigslist story tonight, but alas, craptastic headache and I'm going to bed early . . .