Monday, November 24, 2008

intricacies

This morning before the pharmacy opened we were talking about Christmas shopping.

"I'm just about done," reported Pharmacist Greg, "but I'm not sure what to get for the woman I'm seeing. She's not really a girlfriend yet. What do you women think?"

Robin answered sagely, "Whatever you give her, be careful about what meaning you want her to take from it."

"And whatever you give her," I added helpfully, "she will take some sort of meaning. Women take meaning from everything."

"So you're saying I shouldn't give her a can opener?" Greg quipped.

What do you think ladies? Any ideas? My advice to Greg was that you really can't go wrong with chocolate.

And what about you guys? Any thoughts?

6 comments:

Whitenoise said...

Well, sex toys might me a little forward at this point, but can't go wrong with the sexy négligé...

jenontheedge said...

It depends on how much he wants to spend and how serious he is/is not about her.

Some ideas:

A CD that he thinks she would like.

A book that he thinks she would enjoy.

A pashima in a color that he thinks would look good on her. Example: "Honey, when I saw this green pashima, I thought of how nice it would look with your eyes."

ajooja said...

Banana panties. Awwwwwww yeah.

Whitenoise said...

Okay, I was just trying to be funny...

Is your email working these days?

countrymouse said...

Yeah--I should have known better than to ask guys their opinions : )

Thank you, Jen--those are good ideas. I'll pass them along.

And no, Captain, my e-mail doesn't seem to be functioning much at all. Have you been trying to reach me? Try me on facebook.

Miss Got Wings said...

A resounding 'no!' to the can opener.

Facebook huh? I'll have to look you up there :)