Friday, October 10, 2008

more creative cursing

Since she was 16ish Beautiful has been adept at expressing her frustration through her own creative made-up swear words.

Youngest carries on the tradition.

Knowing I'm not fond of hearing children swear, he has come up with a few replacement words. Like "get your donkey in the car and let's go already!" Clever, no?

Yesterday I was trying to tell him something but he wasn't buying my explanation.

*cough* bell's palsy *cough* was his response.

I'm actually kind of impressed. A perfectly acceptable way to tell mom you think she's full of bullshit without being profane.

Child--1
Mother--0

5 comments:

Whitenoise said...

That is rather clever.
;-)

Miss Got Wings said...

Nice! I may just use a few of those myself.

For now, though, I use "God Bless America!" and "Son of a Monkey!"

Mary said...

Like Miss Got Wings, my mother used "God Bless America" all the time.

Bell's Palsy? Serious impressive. :) At least it's not STFU or questions about what STFU is. *shudder* Stuffoo might sound good, but a swear, even as a clever acronym, is still a swear. I have my eldest to thank for the accute interest my youngest exhibits in trying to figure out just what "STFU" means.

countrymouse said...

I know, right, Whitenoise? I'm kinda proud of the kid : )

Kate, I use something similar--mine came from some children's movie, I think--"son of a beach ball!" It works : )

Omigosh, Mary, Beautiful and I just had such a good laugh over your comment as she tried to puzzle out STFU. It only took her a minute and then she looked all sheepish followed by surprised and dismayed that her mother knew that acronym before she did--it was quite funny :D

hesslei said...

There are times when the actions of the offended drivers are downright comical and at other times it can become incredibly dangerous for the offending party. That is evident when we take into account how many people are hurt or killed when these road rage incidents occur each year.


-----------------------
hesslei....

new way to advertise