Thursday, September 18, 2008

Moms, you all remember the third trimester and how the brain no longer cooperates, right?

Beautiful saw her OB yesterday. Nothing new to report.

She continues to have plenty of Braxton-Hicks contractions. And she continues to have the tail-end-of-the-third-trimester side effects.

Like, everything is swollen.

And uncomfortable.

And she's exhausted.

And she has no bladder capacity to speak of.

And her brain function is kinda quirky.

After seeing the OB she had a craving for something familiar but she couldn't quite name it. She described it to me as, "Like hot cocoa only cold . . . but not iced . . . and slushy . . . "

"Do you mean a chocolate milkshake?" I asked.

"Yeah! That's what it's called . . . The baby ate my brain . . . " she answers. Defeated.

Any moment now . . .

5 comments:

Cindy said...

So glad you are keeping your public informed about Beautifuls progress towards motherhood. I keep checking in on you in anticipation of Grammahood. Any day now.

countrymouse said...

Cindy! Hi!!! I've taken a peek at your blog (through Rhonda's) and also at your son's girlfriend's blog--she seems so much like you : )

Congrats on your new grandbaby! Hope your girl is doing okay--it's kinda cool to watch her family grow through her blog too : )

Thanks for checking in! I'll be posting photos just as soon as I get them.

Mary said...

I hope Beautiful enjoyed her cold, slushy, hot-cocoa-like thing. :)

Heaven knows the child deserved one. Waiting for a baby is hard work.

Cannot wait to see the new little one!!

Angie said...

I can't believe how anxious I am to see this baby!! Come on, beautiful-hurry up already!!

Love, Angie

Anonymous said...

i'm trying really hard but i think this baby is going to be very stubborn just like her grandmother!