Friday, September 26, 2008

bright morning star?

It's 4:39 a.m. Pacific time.

Beautiful is gathering her things and we're going to the hospital.

It feels real. She's been having hours and hours and hours of contractions every evening for 3 weeks, but tonight felt different. Good thing I planned ahead and got those two whole hours of sleep . . .

She talked out loud to herself and to me as she tabulated the final items for her hospital bag:

"I'll pack my curling iron--Mom, you grab your straightening iron--I'll get my makeup bag. Because when this is done, I want to look fabulous! No hot tranny mess for me!"

Now there's a girl whose priorities are straight : )

Stay tuned . . .

8 comments:

jenontheedge said...

How exciting!

Storybook Woods said...

Oh I am praying. You should have seen the pile of stuff I brought !!!! Love Clarice

asthmagirl said...

I can't wait!

Tink said...

Yeah for babies and grandmas!!!!!!!

ShallowGal said...

I've been checking HOURLY waiting for this. Hope Beautiful has an easy labor!

Off to the baby store!

xoxo, Aunt ShallowGal

Cindy said...

Woo hoo! Grandma time is close at hand.

Whitenoise said...

Go granny, go granny, go granny go... ;-)

Kuckie said...

Ooooo, so very exciting!! I can't wait to hear!! A new grandma is getting ready to enter the world!!