Friday, September 26, 2008

aaaaaaand we're still waiting . . .

It wasn't a "false alarm." It just wasn't time yet.

Beautiful was encouraged by the nurses that she did everything just right. That her decision to go to the hospital was the right decision.

But she wasn't very dilated.

We mutually agreed that she should come back home where she can be more comfortable and move around more.

She's been taking advantage of the time she's had to rest and regain her strength. All the while dealing with increasingly painful contractions.

Now she's totally into dancer mode : ) She's so cute! She's doing plies to warm up her pelvis and will move on to jazz hip isolations. Trying to let gravity help. Trying to ease the pain with movement. Trying to help baby move down a little more in the pelvis so the pain isn't in her back.

I'm so proud of her. She's doing everything she can for her own and her baby's well being.

I suspect early tomorrow morning we'll be back in the hospital. Maybe this time for the real deal.

And, lucky for me, I won't have to get up after 3 hours of sleep and go to work tomorrow. Like I did today . . . Not that I'm complaining : )

Thank you all for the well wishes. I've passed them on to Beautiful and I can tell that she's pleased to be a part of my on-line community!

Soon! Very, very soon!

6 comments:

jenontheedge said...

I'll be thinking of you, hoping for a safe delivery!

ajooja said...

I'll be thinking of you too. :)

Get some sleep while you can.

Storybook Woods said...

Beautiful, you are doing a fantastic job. You are taking control of the pain and using it. Keep at it. You are amazing sweetie. Clarice
Hang in there grandmom xoxoxo

Mary said...

So excited!

I'll be keeping you all close by in my thoughts throughout the night and day tomorrow.

Miss Got Wings said...

this is so exciting! and I love that she has the gusto to dance through it all - that's one tough mama!

I'm sending up prayers for all of you and that sweet little baby.

Whitenoise said...

The best things are those that are worth waiting for. But okay, enough's enough. Kick that kid in the butt and tell her to get moving... ;-)