Thursday, August 14, 2008

update

Okay--whew! Back to the world of connection!

Computer is fixed and I am so grateful.

Thank you for the kind notes and good thoughts regarding my lovely daughter. I am grateful for that too.

It's been an interesting couple of weeks and we still have no answers with Beautiful and her chest pain. But she's feeling much better.

She visited with the nurse practitioner at her OB's office who listened very, very carefully to Beautiful's heart during regular breathing, deep breathing, etc. She could hear a bit of tachycardia. Also, Beautiful was having some shortness of breath and dizziness during periods of rest.

The nurse practitioner chose the safe course of action and sent Beautiful to a cardiology clinic to be set up with a 24 hour heart monitor so we could get a good reading of her heart's activity during waking hours, sleeping time, activity and rest. The results of this 24 hours were to be forwarded to Beautiful's OB.

Beautiful visited with her OB on Tuesday. The results hadn't been forwarded. And the OB didn't check Beautiful's heart. And didn't check her for edema. Does that seem kinda crazy to anyone else?

I'm not a doctor. So maybe I'm overreacting.

Baby, however, is doing just fine, thank you : ) She was having the hiccoughs during the examination. She appears to be a healthy weight, size and shape and only has 4 more weeks of baking before the timer goes off!

Did I mention that I'm going to be Beautiful's birth partner? The Boyfriend has tried every avenue (short of breaking a limb--what a wimp ; ) to make it possible to be here when Lily is born. But it doesn't seem to be in the stars. So I'll be there. Watching my little girl in agonizing pain. Watching my little girl become a mother. Watching my granddaughter take her first breath. I'm speechless just thinking about it . . .

7 comments:

jenontheedge said...

What an honor that she chose you to be her birthing partner. I can't wait to hear the stories afterward.

Storybook Woods said...

Welcome back. I think if something was wrong, you would have heard by now xoxoxo Clarice

Whitenoise said...

Wow, good for both of you! ;-)

Amy said...

The baby countdown begins . . .I need to get to the mall. xoxo, Auntie ShallowGal

countrymouse said...

You're right, Jen--I am really touched by it. And The Boyfriend wants the baby to have Kristin for a middle name. How can I not love these kids?

Clarice, She finally heard today that nothing unusual showed up on her heart monitor. Whew!

It's getting exciting Whitenoise! Just less than a month . . . This is going to be quite a ride : )

Yay for Auntie ShallowGal! She's registered at Tiffany's. The diamond encrusted baby grillz would be a fine choice ; )

Miss Got Wings said...

oh, I am so happy for you that you get to be there! Lots of stories to tell . . . .I'll be waiting!

Miss Got Wings said...

oh, I am so happy for you that you get to be there! Lots of stories to tell . . . .I'll be waiting!