Monday, July 7, 2008

This kind of conversation is typical for a married couple, right?

Hubby was doing some research on something car related. I was trying to ask him some questions about my new camera. He was too involved to hear me. I had no choice but to speak the sentence that I knew would reach his ears:

"If you're not going to pay attention to me then I'm going to be forced to get a boyfriend."

"You already have one--his name is Guy."

"Yeah, but he doesn't take me out. And he doesn't buy me jewelry. And he doesn't whisper sweet nothings in my ear. He's not doing me a lot of good."

"He's not doing me much good either."

"In fact, since I'm the one always going to see him and bringing medicine and taking him grocery shopping and doing nice little things to cheer him up, it's almost like he's a kept man."

"He'd better not be."

Hubby's tolerance level is outstanding, but even he has his limit : )

2 comments:

ajooja said...

Jewelry is overrated. :)

countrymouse said...

ajooja, I'd be willing to bet the women in your life have a different opinion about that : )