Friday, July 25, 2008

The One Where I complain. A lot.

I'm irritable. No surprise there.

I have nothing to write about. Either that or I just don't feel like making the effort.

Some of my favorite bloggers are suffering the same dry spell that I am. One of them has become more acerbic than before. The posts are funny and insightful--I enjoy them--but part of me hopes that this isn't a permanent change.

My e-mail isn't working. If you've sent me an e-mail and I haven't responded, it isn't because I'm discourteous. It's because hotmail is a wicked, selfish bitch.

I only check blogs every few days now. I don't have the time or energy to keep up. One of the blogs that I've really enjoyed reading for well over a year has recently become private. I tried to log in only to find out that I'm not invited to view. What a shame because I really enjoyed her. She's upbeat and fierce about things that are important to her and her life is vastly different from mine. I'll miss seeing the world through her eyes.

I hardly ever see Number One Son. He's visiting tomorrow. But only for a couple of hours. And only because his girlfriend's car is having problems and they want my hubby to take a look at it. They'll be here for their brief and selfish visit while I'm at work. Nice.

Ongoing problems with NonSon. It's always going to be that way. I've made a commitment to him to always be available and I won't break that promise because nearly every other woman over the span of his entire life (including his mother) has broken her promises to him. But being taken for granted 90% of the time gets old. Even for me.

Youngest is a good kid. I have no complaints with him. Except that he's built like my brother. His feet stick out at the same odd angle as my brother's. My brother was awkward for a looooong time. Isn't it weird, the things that you never thought were going to be important but turn out to be? Why should the way my son's feet look when he's standing bother me?

Daughter's pregnancy is going fairly well. The normal pregnancy complaints. She has heartburn that bothers her. She's going in for an ultrasound next week to take measurements because baby is a little on the petite side. Beautiful is petite. I'm sure it's all fine.

I have diagnosed myself with hypothyroidism. I am also self medicating with natural woo-woo stuff. If I die, ummm . . . .

I have to leave you with something positive. Hmmmmm . . .

My parents celebrated their 45th anniversary a few days ago. They're still very, very much in love. And the best part about their relationship is that they are best friends. In the truest sense. They have what the rest of us can only hope for. Only, as Dad puts it, it is because they work hard at it every single day. A relationship like theirs doesn't just "happen." Dad is right. Dad's always right : )



Not a fabulous photo. Please ignore the candlestick in front of Mom's face . . .

5 comments:

jenontheedge said...

I think a lot of us are suffering from the same malaise. It's like the dog days of summer have hit all of us, regardless of where we live and what the weather is like.

Anonymous said...

what a nice picture of grandma and grandpa :)

Tink said...

I shall whine along with you for I am again alone with only canines! Thank goodness for Rum with POG and in that order. :)
Kudos to your parents...I hope I make that celebration in my lifetime as well.
chow,
Grasshopper

countrymouse said...

I think you're right, Jen. Plus, these things tend to wax and wane (I think : ) and a few of my blogger buddies have run to the end of their blogging needs and seem to be gone. And so it goes . . .

I know, right, Beautiful? : ) Don't they look happy there!

GRASSHOPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited that you're here in the blogosphere : )

Amy said...

(((k))) I was worried you meant me until I saw the word 'insightful." Clearly someone else.

xoxo, SG