Monday, July 7, 2008

New camera! OR, Country Mouse hits untold heights of boring!

Sweet Mister got me the new camera I'd been longing for! Well actually he got more than the new camera I wanted. He ended up buying a used one from a friend. A used Nikon D70s. It's far more camera than I really need--with 4 really cool lenses to boot!

I'm excited.

I'm intimidated!

I'm trying to learn.

Ten weeks until baby Lily is due--I'd better learn quickly : )




Youngest is already an excellent uncle to Beautiful's boyfriend's Little Guy



and sweet Mister was totally cut out for the grandpa role!



test shot at the beach. cool : )

8 comments:

Kuckie said...

Ooooo, how exciting! I'm giddy for you! I've been researching for a new camera myself, and preparing my hubby for the inevitable expense...I think maybe he's getting used to the idea...MAYBE...or maybe it's my imagination. Hmmm...

Amy said...

Good luck with that ! I've had my Nikon D40 and I still haven't progressed past the automatic mode.

xoxo, SG

jenontheedge said...

Only ten weeks to go? Wow, this pregnancy is flying by.

Whitenoise said...

Hey, waaaay cool! ;-)

Whitenoise said...

BTW- keep the photos coming. How about a whole series on Mouseville? (You keep saying how beautiful your local scenery is...)

asthmagirl said...

Very exciting stuff! If you figure anything out, you'll let me know, right?

countrymouse said...

funny, kuckie--it *does* take some time to prep the hubby for such a large, non-car-related expense, doesn't it?

I'm playing with it Amy, but man are there a lot of bells and whistles! All I want is to be the obnoxious grandma always with the camera in baby's face ; )

I know, jen, right?!? Actually, the women in my family tend to go past their due dates--this is convenient for me so I have a little more time to learn that camera : ) I suspect my lovely daughter will find it less than convienent . . .

whitenoise--dude, you *know* how beautiful the scenery is here : ) But I'll see if I can oblige, as long as I'm going down the boring path anyway : )

funny, Diane : ) Your photos are amazing . . . makes me a little embarassed to even post mine . . .

Miss Got Wings said...

yeah for cameras! have fun. I've been jonesing for a new one too. or at least a better lens. I have a Nikon N80, but want a digital SLR.

I've heard that if you go on the Nikon website, they're always offering classes. That may be something to try.

10 weeks? where did the time go?!