Monday, July 28, 2008

country mouse, the library edition

AAAACCCCKKKK! Not only am I suffering a creative drought of epic proportions, but my computer is suffering from a malady involving its motherboard. Isn't that just typical? Everyone is so quick to blame the mother . . .

So. I'm sitting at the library trying to access my e-mail and not even thinking about blogging when suddenly I felt an inspiration creeping up my spine and taking up residence at the base of my skull. Unfortunately for you, the inspiration didn't quite reach my cerebral cortex and can't be fleshed out--plus I only have 31 minutes remaining on my hour of library computer time. This time limit is humiliating. It feels a lot like being in the 6th grade . . .

Also? My real reason for wanting to add a new post is that it's embarrassing to be sitting in the public library and type in countrymouse and have a photo of a pierced booby pop up.

Anyhoo--where were we?

Well, whatever it was I thought I was going to blog about has leaked back down my spine and has been reabsorbed by my internal organs. And will never be heard from again . . . In the meantime, I'm sitting between a guy who smells deliciously of cologne (why doesn't my hubby wear cologne anymore? I love a good smelling man. I LOVE A GOOD SMELLING MAN!!!! Note to self: buy hubby delicious cologne) and a 16 year old kid who should be spending his summer working at Dairy Queen--not hanging out at the library talking LOUDLY to his buddy at another table.

Their conversation went a little something like this:

"Dude--what are you doing here? Don't you have a computer at home?"

"Yeah. I did. But I have to replace the motherboard." [Again with blaming the mother!!!] "Where's your shirt?"

"I had one but I decided not to wear it."

Children are the future? I don't think so.

As you were.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Kids these days....

^_^

jenontheedge said...

You have my sympathies.

Whitenoise said...

what would a "fatherboard" be, anyway? It would be away half the time, authoritatively deny most of your requests... discipline you should you make a mistake... Motherboard is just so much more nurturing, isn't it? ;-)