Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hi, again!

So . . . . . it's been awhile, hasn't it? Lots has been going on but I haven't had time to sit down and make anything of it. And just between you and me, I haven't felt the burning impulse either. I think lots of bloggers are feeling the summer doldrums just now.

Two women at work had babies in the last two weeks which means I'm working full time now to take up the slack. It also means there are two brand new, beautiful little people in the world. It is not, in fact, all about me : )

With my accelerating schedule and Youngest's summer activities taking him away from home much of the time, I don't feel like I have seen him much lately. He's feeling the lack of connection too. Last night he came up from the neighbor's beach to eat dinner before returning to camp out overnight in the neighbor's yard. As he left for the night he called out, "Thanks for having me over for dinner, Mrs. P!" Hilarious.

Number One Son is in the midst of a summer internship which was sold to him under slightly false claims. It was purported to be a job specifically for a mechanical engineer. It isn't. It is, however, with a demolition company and is a good mix of office work and field work. His excursions are interesting and educational. And he gets to help plan the demolishing of buildings. What boy wouldn't eat that right up?

On weekends he's with the other woman. The girlfriend. The wonderful young woman who brings out the best in him and who we adore. But geez, come home once in awhile?

Hubby and I are old. He had his 46th birthday just after my 41st. We're feeling it. His on-going back problems continue to complicate his life. There will be no more water skiing for him, among other activities that are now lost. Maybe it's for the best that we're running out of kids to do all those activities with anyway.

And Beautiful--she's brimming with pregnancy beauty : ) I can't resist a photo. This is her--6-1/2 months pregnant with Lily--along with the boyfriend, Dan, and his 3-year-old, Little Guy. All seems to be going well.





I have missed you all so much! I'm pleased that some of you are still checking in : )

10 comments:

Kuckie said...

Kristin!!! So happy you're back! I've missed you!

It does get hard to sit down and write in the summer...I've been having a bit of trouble with that too. But so glad you did!

Beautiful looks, well...beautiful, of course! Can't believe the big day is only 2 1/2 months away!

jenontheedge said...

Welcome back!

Beautiful is so, well, beautiful. And she's so teeny, you can't even tell in the picture that she's pregnant. What a cute little family.

Did they choose Lily as the baby's name? If so, I just love it!

ajooja said...

When my wife and daughter were 6-1/2 months pregnant they both looked like they were going to pop! Nice pic. :)

I haven't wanted to blog at all. I'm not busy at work now but it's difficult to get back on the horse.

Geggie said...

I'm glad you're well. Don't overdo it. I've missed your posts.

And what a beautiful family!

Storybook Woods said...

Oh my gosh I am in coma, just reading about you busy schedule. I do not know how you do it. I miss you. I wish I could have you over and feed you. Although not today it is only 7 in the morning and already hot xoxoxox Clarice

Jan said...

Glad to hear from you. You made me laugh about how old you two are. Just wait. That is a great photo of a great looking couple.

countrymouse said...

awwww--basking in the bloggy love : )

Yes, Jen, Lily is the baby's name. At least that's what they've decided for now. I think it's a lovely name too : )

Thanks, guys!

Mary said...

Things often get pretty hectic in the summer, don't they? With such a busy schedule I'm shocked that you have time to write at all. Like everyone else though, I'm happy that you did.

What a lovely picture of B and her "boys". They all look very happy.

Miss Got Wings said...

Kristin - so glad to have you back! I've gotten the blahs lately about blogging too, so thanks for cheking in.

Love the picture! I can't believe she's that far along already. Time has flown! Hope she is feeling well.

Whitenoise said...

Yeah, great photos, glad to see you back. :-)