Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yes. I really am this immature.

"I'm almost as tall as you! I'm almost as tall as you!"

I hear it every day of my life. And I'm fine with that. After all, I'm somewhere 'round 5' 1"--I should hope my son would eventually be taller than me!

But today something changed. Youngest got a haircut and somehow he looks even taller this evening than he did this morning. Must be the spiked front.

And tonight when he once again informed me that he'd be passing me up any day . . . well, it just sounded a bit like a challenge to me. And I do not back down from a challenge.

Call it stubbornness. Call it childishness. Call it whatever you want, but I'm not willing to lose this battle quite yet.

If the kid is going to use his hair for advantage . . . well, two can play at that game . . . .


Before:




After:


That boy's got nothin' on me : )

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, if that's not a due straight from who-ville then I don't know what is!

Jan said...

Go, Country Mouse. Just remember, tall is good. He'll be able to reach everything for you, that'll be his job, until he leaves home, getting everything down from the top shelves.

countrymouse said...

LOL, Beautiful! You and your little brother have the same thought process : ) He told me it looked like I was doing a Martha May Whovier impression : )

True enough, Jan!

ajooja said...

It was a big deal for both of my kids to be taller than my wife (5-3) too. Neither of them will probably be taller than me (6-4) but it doesn't really matter anyway.

What do they say about the content of one's character being more important than something or other? :D

jenontheedge said...

Be careful. First it's the teased hair. Next thing you know, you'll look like Amy Winehouse.

Amy said...

Hey Jen stole my Amy Winehouse joke ! xoxo, SG

countrymouse said...

Ajooja--all day I've been giggling to myself thinking of your words of wisdom "the content of one's character [is] more important than something or other." I think I should embroider that on something. Or other.

So, girls, you're saying no tattoos? And no crack either? Sheesh. There went all my future plans . . .

CheekierMeSly said...

Come ON, people. 'mouse is just getting her Kate Pierson on!

countrymouse said...

love shack, baaaa-beeeee

Mrs. G. said...

I love a mom who rises to a challenge. you go girl!

Rick said...

Let it go! :)