On Monday mornings I'm by myself in the front and I'm responsible for
- the customers (a mass which easily matches the size of China's army)
- alphabetizing the completed prescriptions on the shelf (of which there are at least a squillion. And you all know I don't exaggerate ever.)
- unpacking and labeling the order
- putting together the "owes"
- completing the paperwork and phone calls required to nail down all the miscellaneous details of the order.
On a good day I can keep up with the demand and finish all these tasks sometime between noon and 1 p.m. when other people arrive to assist me. Last Monday I didn't finish all the details until 3:00.
This week, however, I kicked Monday's ass.
The order was complete and all the work was caught up without assistance by 11:00 in the morning.
Of course, there were almost no customers that day.
And oddly there was a relatively small number of prescriptions being filled.
Oh, and maybe I should mention that the order was approximately one third the normal size.
But still, 11:00 in the morning, people!
I rock : )