Friday, April 25, 2008

A Belated Earth Day Post

Those who know me best are exasperated and saying to themselves, "Of course Kristin's Earth Day post is late, Kristin is late for everything!" But they love me anyway : )


My family has been eco-minded and enviro-friendly since the mid 70's. Since I was a precocious infant who could read (not a 3rd grader--because I'm not that old!)


I got the message in 1974 from my dad that we needed to be attentive stewards of our natural resources.


And by "got the message" I mean through carefully chosen literature provided by my father.


And by "literature" I mean a bumper sticker. The one and only bumper sticker my dad (I come from a long line of Bumper Sticker Despisers) ever had.


The righteous, Mother Earth love-affirming message my dad felt strongly enough about to proudly bear on his car?


It was this:
Go Earth.

3 comments:

Storybook Woods said...

Well now I will know when I am driving behind your father. Love Clarice-who loves you even though you are late !!!!

Amy said...

That's just wrong. xoxo, SG

MissGotWings said...

how did I know "that" would be your earth day tribute? lol. too funny girl