Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Yes, yes, yes, I'm a sucker for memes.

The movie meme.

The rules:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie. (I can't get the strikeout thingy to work, so I'm just changing the font color when someone guesses. Yes--the word is technotarded . . . )
5. GUESSERS: NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions. I mean, you can cheat if you want, but is it really that important?
6. One movie guess per blogger. (Okay, that's the "official" rule, but I have too few readers--and even fewer who will actually care enough about it to play along--so guess as many as you like : )



1. I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is. (Yeah, this one's a gimme : ) --Zoolander Beautiful, you know what would be perfect to celebrate that you got this one? Orange mocha frapuccino!!!

2. We had the chance but we were scared. We walked away. WE LIVED OUR LIVES IN FEAR! --Strictly Ballroom Mary, I am impressed!

3. "I can't stay married to you, David. I have to stop lying now. I've told so many lies... I don't love you."
"I don't love you either, but I think I could like having you around."
--Muriel's Wedding Yay, Beautiful : )

4. So I married Bob, for you! I had sex with Bob four times for you! So how can you call me a bad mother? --Orange County This one was also guessed by Beautiful, who noted, "One of the most amazing examples of motherly love and sacrifice :)"

5. After that my guess is that you will never hear from him again. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone. --The Usual Suspects, good on ya, Cheek. When hubby and I went to see it I thought it was going to be a comedy. I kept waiting for it to get funny. It didn't get funny : ) But I loved it all the same.

6. Oh my God, I'm getting pulled over. Everyone, just... pretend to be normal. --Little Miss Sunshine yay, Geggie : )

7. "I mean, what if next Friday 400 women turn 'round and say 'He's too fat, he's too old and he's a pigeon-chested little tosser?' What happens then, eh?"
"They wouldn't say that, would they?"
"Why not? He's just said her tits are too big."
"That's different. We're... blokes."
"Yeah, and?"
"I never said owt about her personality, like. I mean, she's probably quite nice if you get to know her."
"No. And they won't say nowt about your personality neither. Which is good 'cause you're basically a bastard. And I'll tell you summat, mate. Anti-wrinkle cream there may be, but anti-fat-bastard cream there is none."
--The Full Monty Yay, Nashvegas--you got the "anti fat-bastard cream" reference : )

8. "Look around! You couldn't find a whiter, safer or better lit part of this city. But this white woman sees two black guys, who look like UCLA students, strolling down the sidewalk and her reaction is blind fear. I mean, look at us! Are we dressed like gangbangers? Do we look threatening? No. Fact, if anybody should be scared, it's us: the only two black faces surrounded by a sea of over-caffeinated white people, patrolled by the triggerhappy LAPD. So, why aren't we scared?"
"Because we have guns?"
"You could be right." --Crash, this one goes to Kuckie : )

9. "Whatever you do, don't shave your legs."
"Why?"
"Well, then you definitely won't let it go too far."
"Megan! It's a *first* date!"
"Yeah, well, I married a first date, missy, and you know how it is. You're out with a guy, you find him attractive, and suddenly everything he says sounds brilliant. Hairy legs are your only link to reality. "
--Return To Me Good job, Kate! Not only do I love the line "hairy legs are your only link to reality" (and omigosh--the truth of it!!!) but I love Bonnie Hunt's delivery : )

10. If there is a war on drugs, then many of our family members are the enemy. And I don't know how you wage war on your own family. --Traffic Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful. Isn't that girl getting obnoxious with answering all the leftover questions? Too bad somebody didn't teach her some manners!

11 comments:

Kuckie said...

Oooo, ooooo!!! I pick #8...Crash! Do I win some kind of wonderful prize??? :0)

Influencebad said...

So I'm pretty sure I know like six or seven of them. I feel so proud. ^_^ But I don't want to get in trouble for guessing more than one. ^_^

countrymouse said...

Yes, Kuckie--you win my undying affection ; )

Becca, e-mail me privately and tell me! I knew I could count on you and your mom to be really good at this : ) alidancy@hotmail.com

CheekierMeSly said...

#5 is The Usual Suspects, Kevin Spacey as Verbal / Kaiser Sosa.

Geggie said...

I'm pretty sure that #6 is Little Miss Sunshine.

Mary said...

Okay, I'll pick one too - How about #2?

Maybe "Strictly Ballroom"?

countrymouse said...

Damn, Mary--you're good! I thought maybe that one was going to be a little too obscure : )

MissGotWings said...

Is #9 Return To Me????

nashvegas said...

#7 is "The Full Monty"

Anonymous said...

So.... since i think every one else is done with this one i think i'm going to just answer all the rest! You can get rid of it if you don't like it :)

so #1 is soooo Zoolander

#3 Muriel's Wedding. I have no idea if I spelled that right but you can punish me for that later.

#4 Orange County. One of the most amazing examples of motherly love and sacrifice :)

#10 Is one that i saw part of the day before Dan came home. I was watching it with Stephanie but i don't remember the name and i only saw the last fifteen minutes of it. But it was about a rich white political family who's daughter was a herroin (is that even how you spell that?) addict who finally gets clean in the very end and that's the dad's whole schpeal to close the movie :)

And if my spelling sucks i blame that on you and you can bite me!

Love, Beautiful

countrymouse said...

That's my sweet baby girl! You're going to make such a great mom. And you know the first thing I'm going to teach your precious little one to say to mama? "Bite me!" heh heh