Thursday, March 13, 2008

and here's why I feel no guilt . . .

I share a lot about my kids and their personal lives. And I feel no guilt for doing it. Here's a good illustration outlining why I feel no remorse for my actions:

Number One Son hears the familiar beep of a cell phone receiving a text message. He is surprised to realize that the beep came from my phone, not his.

He calls to me from the kitchen, "Are you texting now, Mom?"

I am indignant. "You ask that as though the idea of me texting is a ludicrous!"

I can feel the rub in his voice, "Yeah, well, old people don't text."

He's fair game : )

7 comments:

ajooja said...

I'm old. Texting is stupid. :)

countrymouse said...

Ha ha--ajooja when I saw that you'd left a comment I was pretty sure I knew what you had to say : )

My son finds texting handy when at parties or a bar and he needs to hook up with friends but it's too loud for a phone conversation. Evidently, I'm too old to go to parties or bars or to need to keep in touch with friends. I guess life ends when you become a parent : )

Jan said...

He is soooo fair game. When my husband, then I turned 40, our daughters thought we were old, decrepit, and stupid. We did get smarter the closed to 40 they became.

countrymouse said...

That's *so true* isn't it, Jan? The older I get, the younger and wiser my parents become : )

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Ha! It's on.

PS. I have no idea how to blog. And I'm old.

Anonymous said...

I would never say anything like that to my wonderful young looking mother. But then again I am the good kid so i only say and think nice things about you :)

--Beautiful

countrymouse said...

That, my darling Beautiful, is why you're my second favorite daughter ; )