Saturday, February 16, 2008

the kids are alright

We had a delightful quickie weekend visit with the kids. Number One was in town visiting his girl for her birthday. They will spend the evening having dinner at a fine restaurant (the name of which he would not divulge because it was a surprise for her) followed by Dvorak's New World Symphony at Benaroya Hall. Nice!

Before heading to town for the evening, they came to our house for the day. Beautiful joined us to round out the crowd. We ate, played games and laughed a lot. It was one of those days that was warm and spontaneous and couldn't have been more perfect.
No mercy--even for a guest!

Youngest helps me take a photo of Number One.


Youngest helps me take a photo of Beautiful.


So good to have big bro home, even for just a few hours . . .


Well matched couple : )


7 comments:

Whitenoise said...

Nice lookin' gang. ;-)

Storybook Woods said...

Kristin what more could you ask for. You are very blessed. Love Clarice

Geggie said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Glad you ejoyed it!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

What a gorgeous family. The brotherly love is quite sweet.

Mary said...

I love it when all the children are back home together. We had a similar night last night, although our happy gathering was marred by the very ugly issue of children not giving their mother constant "yes" votes on her clever, albeit unusual, answers to questions on "Scattergories".

Ingrates.

It sounds like you all had a better time.

I agree with Whitenoise and Jennifer - lovely group there. :)

countrymouse said...

Yes, Clarice and Geggie, I am blessed and it was a perfect day! (well, almost perfect . . . )

Mary--I only told the rosy part of the story. I left out the part where the kids waited until I was cooking for them before they started Apples to Apples. *Apples to freaking Apples!* I *love* that game (and am the undisputed champion!) It's almost as though they left me out on purpose . . .

And speaking of cooking for them--I made a lovely Alfredo pasta with a goat cheese/pistachio/romaine salad. While they all dished up, I rested on the couch for just a moment. When I woke up half an hour later, there wasn't so much as a *morsel* left for me! Talk about your ingrates . . .

At any rate--thank you Whitenoise and Jennifer--they are a nice looking bunch. Wretched scoundrels, but nice looking : )

MissGotWings said...

Wow - they all have beautiful eyes :)