Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I got nuthin . . .

I haven't written much lately. And that which I have written has been lackluster at best. Don't quite know what's up with that. All I have right now are random bits and pieces, but I'm unable to turn any of them into a proper post.


  • Just had a very excited (and relieved) phone call from Number One Son. He attended a career fair yesterday at school where he spent 4 hours talking to 8 or 9 companies and every one of them is seriously interested in him.

  • This morning Number One had several interviews. Not only has he been offered internships with prestigious companies, but the company he really wants to work for has actually offered him a job. Base pay is 60K plus 10% living expenses when he's in another city. Not. Too. Shabby.

  • All this is in stark contrast to the last couple years when he was unable to secure an internship (well, one company gave him one but then they lost their funding and *poof* Son lost his opportunity.) He's the same kid with the same grades, but now he's closer to graduating and he carries markedly more confidence going into the interviews. Good on ya, Son!

  • I'm sick again. Hubby has had projects taking up all his time over the last couple days and it irritates me. I want to be nurtured. Strike that--I want to be babied : ) But honestly, if he were here hovering over me I would hate that too. I am fickle. And I want ice cream, dammit!

  • Also--I am trying to mostly give up sugar. And it makes me a tad grumpy. And it makes me want ice cream, dammit!

  • Along with sugar I must turn my back on my constant, faithful lover, Coke. Dammit.

  • Not willing to lose all the progress I have gained in my insane fixation to be all healthy and crap, I tried going for a short run yesterday. That was a crazy idea. Here's what I learned: if I'm sick, it's okay to just sleep on the couch all day. The end.

  • In addition to a dear friend's sister being very recently diagnosed with breast cancer, I found out 2 days ago that my childhood best friend had a mastectomy within the last year, underwent chemo and just found another lump on the other side. She's only 40. And she has 3 very young children. I am devastated for her. And I have no idea how to wrap my head around it.

  • I also have no idea how to wrap up a blog post after burdening the rest of you with that awful news. So how about I do it like this:

  • Geggie, I can't find your e-mail address on your blog. I would love to get your recommendations for places to eat, things to do, what to avoid while in Vegas. Would you mind e-mailing me at alidancy@hotmail.com? Thank you.

5 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I'm so sorry you and your lover have had to part ways. And I'm sorry about the other stuff too. Recover soon. *Hugs!*

Whitenoise said...

Hey, hope you're better soon. Hope your friend's okay, too.

MissGotWings said...

Feel better. Did the same exact thing - went running, I was sick, it was cold, thus I just made myself sicker. Yuck. Stay on the couch.

Rick said...

Hope you get feeling better.

Geggie said...

I'm emailing you right now!!