Sunday, February 3, 2008

an encouraging conversation

"Hi, Mom. How's the running going?"

"Hey, Number One! Well, let's just say I'm never going to be able to keep up with you. Baby steps, but I am making progress."

"Good. I think the timed run/walk routine is a great idea. Fewer injuries that way."

"Besides the benefit of working into it slowly, the timed approach gives me the stopwatch in addition to the iPod to keep my mind occupied. Without them I'd be bored silly. And I'd probably give up."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I can't stand just running for the sake of running. But put a ball or a Frisbee in front of me and I can go for hours on end."

"Just like a Golden Retriever?"

"Yeah. Pretty much . . . "

2 comments:

Whitenoise said...

cute ;-)

ajooja said...

The iPod may be my intro back into it. Thing is, I'm going to have to do it by myself. I keep waiting for my wife to do it and we're our worst enemies when it comes to exercise. She can't exercise in the morning and I can't seem to do it any other time.