Thursday, February 14, 2008

a day for emotional terrorism



Thank you all for your well wishes. By yesterday evening I was feeling markedly better. Feeling well enough, in fact, to be bitchy with hubby, have a nonsense argument with a friend (you know who you are ; ) inadvertently hurt Youngest's feelings and say all the wrong things to Beautiful. All in a day's work : )

[I did not, however, manage to ruin Number One's day. And for those of you who were curious and asked, he did take my broad hint about the importance of Valentine's Day--especially the first one he and his girl celebrate together--and sent her an envelope full of pressed flowers, i.e. he wanted to send her a bouquet but doesn't know about contacting a florist in another city . . . ]

On the upside, darling Mister brought me a lovely bouquet of flowers and a heart-shaped box of chocolates. He also brought Doritos, chocolate ice cream and a 2 liter bottle of Coke. Evidently I was bitchier than I gave myself credit for and he was pulling out all the stops trying to turn my mood around. I am so powerful!

Youngest carved me the sweetest heart-shaped pendant out of scrap wood. It's, hmmmm, rustic? But is already my favorite piece of jewelry.

Nobody else's Valentine's Day could possibly compete with gifts that come from fear and lack of craftsmanship, but I hope you all had a love filled day anyway : )

3 comments:

Storybook Woods said...

xoxoxoxox, I was going to bring you some chocolate but you were not working :-( Clarice

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I'm glad things have improved a bit.

countrymouse said...

awwww--thanks anyway Clarice! And I'm going to miss you all today too : ( D'oh--stupid job!

Thanks, Jennifer. Mama's bitchy and everybody is running for cover--we're achieved normalcy : )