Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolove this!

I worked on New Year's Eve. Know what our top selling item was? Smoking cessation products!

Mister and I talked about New Year's Resolutions this morning. Are you wondering why the subject didn't come up last night, say around midnight? He was at a party with friends. I was snuggled up on the couch reading a book. Which leads me to my resolution.

I started by telling hubby that this year I'm going to take up smoking, drink too much, put on (even more) extra pounds, swear like a sailor (out loud--not just inside my head) and generally behave like a spoiled bitch. My dear husband laughed a little uncomfortable laugh. I think he was a teensy bit afraid that I wasn't joking.

Then I got to my serious resolution. (By the way, I'm one of those people who never makes resolutions because nobody ever fully keeps them and I don't like to pretend silly things. Yet, here I am, making a serious resolution . . . )

I made a pronouncement, "I think this year we should resolve to have a more connected relationship."

Hubby quickly answered, "Why?"

He was kidding : )

Let's see if we can make it past January 1 with our good intentions still intact!

8 comments:

Storybook Woods said...

Do you mean sex or just talking stuff like that ;-P
You are one of the most giving poeple I know, you are pretty connected. Love Clarice

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Well, I hope you're successful in whatever form the connectedness takes.

Whitenoise said...

Here's a little help...

(don't mention it...)

countrymouse said...

Oh dear Clarice, you mean I have to make a choice?! ; ) You are terribly sweet to me. It's funny how you always see good things in me when I only see the negative.

Thank you, Jen : ) I tried being all connected today. The results were less than stellar. But funny. If I get time, I will, naturally, try to turn my pathetic life into a worthy blog post.

Ummm, yeah, Cap'n Noise, that's exactly what I meant ; )

CheekierMeSly said...

"The key to change is to let go of fear." - Rosanne Cash

"Real communication happens when people feel safe." – Ken Blanchard, The Heart of a Leader

These two may seem diaposed (that should be a word as a contraction for diametrically opposed, don't you think?), but they both work for your resolution. Making another feel safe helps them let go of fear. Here's to better connections, all the way round. Cheers, CountryMouse.

Rick said...

Hope you have a great year!

Kate said...

We could all use some work there. And as much as I tried, my efforts were not as attractive as the new PS3 in the living room :( Oh well. Just gotta get back on the horse and try again.

Wishing you all the best '08 can bring!

Erin O'Brien said...

I love that this is tagged "my excellent wifing skills."