Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Making a list

Just before Christmas, The Girl Pharmacist celebrated her 40th birthday by going to Vegas with some girlfriends. Early next month, Beautiful is spending a weekend in Vegas with some of her girlfriends.

This got me to thinking.

I've never been to Vegas. There are lots of places I've never been. I've also never had a weekend gambol with just the girls. Some of my fondest memories are wrapped up in the two roadtrips Beautiful and I took together to go see big figure skating events. (Stop laughing--I am addicted to figure skating : )

I am too practical to have ever had a "List of Things to do Before I Die." But maybe I should have one. Not so I can punctiliously check things off, leaving me feeling accomplished at the end, but so I don't forget that there is a whole world full of wonders beyond my little mouse house. So I don't live my whole life in the same place with the same relatively unchanging perspective. There are things I want to do and, for crying out loud, why have I put them off so long?

I'll leave the question of why alone for now. But how 'bout that list?

For starters--definitely go to Vegas!


7 comments:

Rick said...

How about a motorcycle trip to Myrtle Beach, for starters?

Whitenoise said...

like this?

Kate said...

good start. reminds me of that movie Bucket List. what to do . . . what to do . . . before kicking the bucket!

Geggie said...

I've been to Vegas more times that I can count. It's lost it's lure for me. I don't think I'll ever go back. That being said, you should see it.

countrymouse said...

Actually, Rick, you and your many trips have inspired me too. Thanks!

awwww, 'Noise . . . : )

Great way to put that, Kate--before kicking the bucket : )

Geggie, you're too funny, "I hate that place, but you should go!" ; ) I understand what you're saying. There are places I feel that way about too.

ajooja said...

I'd love to sit down and make my list. I just have this thing with procrastination. :)

countrymouse said...

Ajooja, if you and I had DNA testing, it would prove without a doubt that we are *closely* related ; )