Monday, January 7, 2008

I didn't think he was *that* deprived . . .

All through work today my throat was dry and irritated. During the last couple hours, all I could think of was treating myself to a strawberry smoothie after I clocked out. A cold, pink, soothing confection with whipped cream on top--mmmmm just what the doctor ordered!

Arriving home, I was also hungry, but dinner wasn't quite ready. I just wanted something light and comforting, so I put a slice of bread in the toaster.

A few minutes later, I walked through the living room where Youngest was sitting, reading a book. He saw what I was holding--a piece of bread and a decadent drink.

"Ooooooooh," he murmured with envy, "toast!"

WTF?

1 comment:

Storybook Woods said...

FUNNY!!!!! He's great!!!! :) Thank you for the birthday comment!!!! Auberne' Ancalimon