Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ripped off from Geggie. Because I love memes : )

So, dear Geggie, I never did do the 'weird things about me' meme that you tagged me for. I have already done that one a couple times and really? I'm not all that weird--am I? ; ) So I took this one straight off your blog:

The Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Paper. Until about 1 o'clock Christmas morning and I'm still wrapping--then it's bags, baby!

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Real. Only this year, with a twist. Maybe I'll post a photo.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually sometime during the week before Christmas. I like to wait until Number One comes home from school.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Epiphany.
Or MLK Day.
Or Palm Sunday . . .

5. Do you like eggnog?
The beverage that is the color and consistency of snot? Not so much.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Baby Go Bye-Bye (She was a doll with a car.)

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. And a pathetic little stable that the kids and I built together years ago using kindling and a glue gun.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
All the men in the family. Especially Mister who returns everything!

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Beautiful.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. With a personally written, non-generic note in each one. I'm funny that way.

11 .Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I once received a toilet seat--but that wasn't the worst gift!

12 . Favorite Christmas Movie?
I love "A Christmas Story." Also "Elf" and Jim Carrey's "The Grinch" even though I was convinced I would hate it because I generally don't like him.

13 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Probably.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Everything! Anything at Clarice's house. And I could live for weeks on my almond roca alone.

15 . Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Opposite of Geggie--clear on the tree, colored on the house.

16 . Favorite Christmas song?
O Come, O Come Emmanuel

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home--our house as well as the homes of close family.

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
This question (BTW, not putting any blame on Geggie ; ) originally asked if I could name all of Santa's "reindeer's." I was forced to edit.

And yes, I can.


19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning. Though I have occasionally let the kids open one on Christmas Eve--just to dissipate a little pressure so nobody explodes!

20. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
People asking, "Are you ready?"

21 . Favorite ornament theme or color?
Oooooh, I've done some fun ones. A couple years ago it was candy. Youngest and I had great fun but the candy garlands we made (using real candy) turned into a sticky, drippy mess next to the cold windows with their attendant moisture . . .

22. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Sometime in December when I'm really, finally in the spirit.

23. What, do you want for Christmas this year?
Honestly? I want to be pampered. So selfish ; )

24. Angel or Star on top of tree?
Depends on the year and what I've done with the tree. This year will be, hmmmm, unusual . . .

25. What do/did you leave for Santa?
By the time my kids were headed to bed on Christmas Eve when they were little, I was usually still making presents so we left out whatever treats we could scrounge up from gifts people had already given us : )

4 comments:

Maddy said...

I love memes they give such insight.
Best wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Geggie said...

All memes are created equally! This was a fun one too!

countrymouse said...

Maddy--yes! I completely agree.

Hey Geggie : ) This was a good one. It led me down a nostalgic path when I googled "Baby Go Bye Bye." So, thank you!

Storybook Woods said...

Hey do you still want to eat at my house if I make that Velveeta cheese fudge ;- P xoxoxoxo Clarice
PS I will feed you well Saturday night or at lest get you drunk !!!!!