Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Really? Even in my dreams?

I had a dream about a vacation with my older son. We were at a lovely, rocky beach. Walking along the shore together, we kept noticing grand staircases going right down to the water that didn't seem to be connected to any of the impressive beachfront homes.

Investigating further, we realized that they were part of a sprawling old decommissioned military fort like Fort Worden.

"Oh, wow!" I turned excitedly to Number One. "These must be from WWII!"

"No, Mom," he answered glibly. "I asked around. These installations were in use during the 70's."

"Really? All the way up to the 70's?" I replied, obviously surprised at the need for such as recently as my childhood.

He looked at me with that funny, sneering little smile, "It's not like it was last weekend, ya know."

Poking fun at me even in my dreams?

Smart ass.

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Well I'd say it dashed unfair to tease when you're in your own personal dream! Hasn't he heard of personal space?
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Whitenoise said...

Obviously, you should have beat him more when he was a kid...

[kidding, just kidding, don't call Children's Aid on me!] ;-)

Geggie said...

Exactly why I can't wait to have kids.

countrymouse said...

Maddy, I know, right? Kids these days . . . : )

Ha, WN! Now you know I'm going to scrutinize every little nuance of the things you say about your parenting--just looking for a reason to call Children's Aid ; )

Ah Geggie *sigh* Not to mention the joy of sleepless nights, teen attitude, toddler tantrums, picky eaters, first broken hearts, public embarrassment in restaurants . . . How I love being a mother ; )