Monday, November 19, 2007

influence again

I was working on a post about the impact of best friends. It was almost complete, but I couldn't make it work. It ended up sounding trite. Not what I was going for : )

Rick posted something that said everything I wanted to say anyway. So I'm stealing Rick's post (thanks, Rick : )

Spanning 35 years of best friendship: For Linnea, Tosha, Susie, Rich, Wendy, Tracy, Mary, Beautiful and Mister. Include as well the other friends--the ones who aren't quite as intimate, or those who slip quietly in and out of the pantheon but leave in their wake a silver ribbon of wisdom and truth (Clarice, Angie, Michele, Doug, James, and all the others . . . )



Oh the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are -- chaff and grain together -- certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with the breath of kindness blow the rest away. -George Eliot

6 comments:

Rick said...

You are most welcome! It is a lovely quote.

ajooja said...

I know what you mean. I'll have a really good idea for something and I just can't find the best way to say it myself.

Still, this one worked. :)

Whitenoise said...

cool ;-)

countrymouse said...

Thanks, guys : ) I needed a little pat on the back today. Your comments fit the bill nicely : )

Storybook Woods said...

Oh but I love trite, the mushier the better. Love Clarice

Mary said...

What an absolutely beautiful quote, Kristin. Simply lovely.

Thanks for being there for me on so many occasions.