Friday, November 2, 2007

And yes, I still do stupid stuff at work All. The. Time.

Monday morning, Pharmacist Greg and I were standing behind the counter unpacking and labeling the day’s order. A still-handsome, confident man in his late 50’s/early 60’s came to the window and slapped a $20 bill on the counter.

What I was thinking inside my head was, "Obviously he expects me to know who he is and fetch his prescriptions. If only he’ll say his name so I can fluidly handle this transaction . . . "

What came out of my mouth was nothing like that. What escaped my lips was, "And what can I trade you for that?"

No, seriously--I actually said that.

With a completely straight face, the man looked at the pharmacist and said, "Greg, walk away--we have a deal to conduct here."

Once again, a satisfied customer is a repeat customer . . .

4 comments:

whitenoise said...

That's hilarious! I bet your customers love the personality you bring to the job.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

And WHAT did you exchange for that $20?

countrymouse said...

Yeah, WN, it's the "personality" they enjoy ; )

Well, Jen, I exchanged a *really* red face and some drugs for that $20 . . . And Pharmacist Greg never said one word about it : )

Influencebad said...

WOW! That's absolutely hysterical!!

You have the best stories from work. ^_^