Sunday, October 14, 2007

show and tell

I am too bitterly sad and disappointed right now to write anything fun. Maybe someday I'll manage to make a story out of my disappointment and mourning. Maybe not . . .
In the meantime, here are some photos from July when Number One Son summited Mount Rainier with some friends.
From left to right:
A dude, another dude, a different dude, Number One.
He does not share his sister's fashion sense.
Let us not speak of it:
I'm not sure who originally sold this activity as "fun,"
but my son bought into it hook, line and sinker . . .

Confab at somethousand feet:

My boy has seen many sunrises from atop many different mountains,

he says this one was the most breathtaking:

Sometimes there just aren't words to describe the beauty:


5 comments:

Rick said...

Amazing pics. Hiking in the snow is not my idea of a good time either! Hope you are OK!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I read magazine articles about mountain climbers and I am always in awe of the ways they're willing to punish their bodies.

The sunrises are worth it though.

I hope you're okay today.

whitenoise said...

Very cool. Emailing you some other pics of Ranier...

countrymouse said...

I will be okay . . . time and all that . . . Thanks : )

No kidding, Jennifer! The hardship these boys tortured their bodies with is mind boggling. They were exhausted and so sick aftewards! And starving--because they didn't pack much food because of the weight of it, which seems counterproductive to me, but the lead guy is experienced and knew what he was doing. I guess . . .

WN--thanks for the amazing photos! Do you mind if I forward them to Number One Son?

whitenoise said...

forward away...