Sunday, August 12, 2007

war stories

When I am old and the weather changes, bringing aggravation to my arthritic left elbow, I shall delight in regaling my fellow nursing home captives with the story of the day I dislocated that elbow back when I was a badass kickboxer. I'll be one of the hippest old biddies in the joint!

Never mind how it really happened (it was an embarrassingly clumsy trip and subsequent noticeable fall) and just imagine me and my sidekick, Jackie Chan, ridding the world of evildoers. I took a bad hit and kept fighting the good fight until the bitter end!

  • I did NOT sit on a chair and try not to cry (and/or vomit) while awaiting the paramedics . . .
  • Don't imagine me being impatient with the soulless EMT who was attempting to take my blood pressure while my arm HURT LIKE A MOTHER . . .
  • And there are no witnesses who will corroborate the allegation that I barked at my dear husband who thought it was a good idea to give me choices as to my care . . .
  • Did I really accuse the ER physician, upon meeting him, of being there to hurt me more? Nahhhhhhh . . .

It's funny to me that while my sweet Mister drove faster than fast to get me to ER, and while I made sure he knew I was in plenty of pain, what worried me the most was the fact that I wasn't wearing my seat belt . . . go figure.


Nothing else of much note to report about the incident. Except to say that full sedation during the reset ROCKS!

I don't think I'll be posting much during the next couple weeks. But I will be obsessively checking all your blogs--my link to the outside world during what sounds like a phenomenally boring recovery : )

the forearm bone's connected to the nothing bone

10 comments:

Geggie said...

Yikes!! I hope you're feeling better. That just plain sucks!

Mary said...

Hope the pain's eased up and you're at least able to enjoy the drugs.

Thinking of you.

Kuckie said...

Holy crackamoley, Kristin! That looks freakin' painful! Hope you are doing better now, after the reset...

Kate said...

Load up on the pain killers and enjoy the buzz - sound like a nightmare workout session. Glad you can make light of it though ;)

CheekierMeSly said...

Owie. Can't believe you even typed that post. The x-ray is a nice touch! "I've seen inside CountryMouse!"

ajooja said...

Ouch! You poor thing. I hope you are feeling better.

countrymouse said...

thanks, everyone : ) I'm really not in much pain anymore, and therefore have no excuse to enjoy the narcotics . . .

kuckie, "Holy crackamoley" totally cracked me up!

Mary, thanks for the inspiration to appreciate this for its "cool factor" : )

Cheek, you recommended pictures--you got pictures ; )

thanks again, everyone. I'm doing so much better. but one handed typing sure sucks!

Rick said...

Wishes for a speedy recover! :)

whitenoise said...

Yeee-ouch!!! :-(

Influencebad said...

Good lord! The things I miss when I take off for a week! Hope your arm is doing better!!