The 6 Weird Things About Me meme.
If I asked my family, they'd pile on a hell of lot more than 6!
1. Waffles. I have waffle issues. I do not like homemade waffles--no matter who makes them, sorry Clarice : ) I do not like Belgian waffles. I like frozen waffles from the grocery store--but ONLY Eggo waffles. Reason? Non Eggo waffles have plateaus. Eggo waffles have peaks which get all crunchy in the toaster. There you go. All the reason I need.
2. I am not yet a grown-up. I have never learned to like coffee or tea. I can't enjoy Seattle's pastime and I can't have a comforting cuppa with my children or friends. It will be a surprise to nobody that the only hot drink I like is hot chocolate : ) Well, except for Clarice's mulled wine mixed with spiced cider--it's like drinking a nice, warm hug!
3. Burnt out light bulbs and their resultant darkness depress me. But I have a serious aversion to changing burnt out light bulbs. A poorly lit house due to burnt out light bulbs depresses me. But I have a serious aversion to changing burnt out light bulbs . . .
4. I have an irrationally low thresh hold for being around people. I like to cook for guests, but I don't want to eat with them. I enjoy the house being full of my kids and their friends with their game playing/movie watching, etc., but I'd rather take a solitary walk than be stuck for too long near them. I am terrified of awkward pauses in conversation--so if I've never met you, I would be reluctant to get together for that reason. I prefer the quiet of my own space and interfacing via computer to being face-to-face with people. Any people. Often times even my closest friends.
Yes. I am seeing a therapist. Sort of. But I don't like being in a room with her. And talking to her. Awkward pauses and all . . .
5. I set an alarm but I refuse to get out of bed just because it's ringing. I don't like being told what to do. It has to be my idea. I hit the snooze and wait a few minutes, then I enjoy the last word in the argument by getting up of my own accord and turning the alarm off before it can boss me around more.
6. I don't like mouths and teeth. I can't stomach the sound or sight of someone else brushing their teeth or using mouthwash. I am nauseated by other people flossing. I have to change the channel if I see a TV commercial featuring actors performing any kind of oral hygiene. I cannot tolerate people eating cold cereal in my presence, what with all the crunching and slurping going on--ick!!!!!!!!!!!
My daughter has learned that to win any sort of goofball argument she and I might be having, all she has to do is pantomime flossing her teeth--that's all it takes to make me close my eyes, cover my ears and cry out "Uncle!"
I mentioned that I am seeing a therapist, right?
Oh--and Mary, consider yourself tagged : )