Sunday, April 29, 2007

Odds and Ends

Cheek, you continue to broaden my musical horizons! Who knew that would be your influence on my life back on that day when Stuart first 'introduced' us? Sadly, iTunes has no Noonday Blue offerings yet. A CD purchase might be in my future : ) But oh man am I enjoying taking my daily walks and doing housework to "Looking at the World From the Bottom of a Well." Something about that song resonates with me!

Whitenoise, look to the right, scroll down to 'shopping list', second from the bottom . . . Look! It's spelled correctly now! I have no idea what was up with my fingers the first time I typed it--and I only accidentally caught the misspelling the other day while adding someone else--but you didn't even complain. I think you've earned a lollipop for that : )

Mary--are you aware that our youngest children have been in your basement feeling each other's legs? The story goes that they were comparing sugar buzz leg shaking after chocolate pie and brownies with ice cream. I know there will come a point when we should reconsider the amount of time they spend alone playing in the woods, but for now I choose to believe it's all innocent kid stuff. Or education. Whatever : )

Rick--you are being held accountable! You posted this article some time back. It promises chiseled abs in just 6 weeks (okay, I'm paraphrasing a little.) My birthday is a little more than 6 weeks away. And I want to wear that dress. That dress. The one that's amazing. The one that makes me feel 30, not 40.

If I follow your prescribed program (and yes, technically speaking, you prescribed it to me by way of posting it on your blog--be careful what you post!) and I'm not wearing that lovely dress in 6 weeks, there will be hell to pay! Of course, there will be no proof, because I will never post a picture of me in or not in that dress. Well, unless I look as hot as I did back in high school (shut up, Stuart!) And I will never post a picture of me from high school because apparently I looked rather like David Cassidy . . . Maybe we shouldn't go there . . .

5 comments:

whitenoise said...

David Cassidy? I thought it was Kristi MacNicol... ;-)

As for musical horizons- check out Amy Winehouse. I've put 3 of her videos up on my blog. Something different, something cool.

Kristin said...

Kristi McNichol wasn't so awful--someone else (who I will not name) compared me to David Cassidy. Hence the immediate removal of that photo . . .

No girl wants her looks compared to those of a guy. No matter how pretty the guy is : )

Rick said...

OMG! What a memory! I noticed the photo was pulled soon after the comment, and I thought I had hurt your feelings! I am confident my prescribed exercise routine will work provided all conditions are met. There is a money back guarantee as you will find out when I appear on Oprah to sell the plan. One final thought, I am most certain you will be stunning no matter what your birthday attire!

Kristin said...

awwww--see, now *that's* the thing to say to make a girl smile!

I'll let you know whether your ab program is Oprah worthy : )

Mary said...

Oh, so that explains things!

I thought he had finally taken a good look at her in her Trucker Mama apparel and decided to become afraid. Very afraid.

Just sugar, huh? Who knew?