Thursday, April 19, 2007

Confessions From Under the Influence

Okay, well this isn't the happy, non-whiny post I had been working on. I am still feeling betrayed by that one and I'm not quite ready for apologies and compromises and making nice . . .

But--I am in love! And who better to share the news of heart pounding, cheeks flushing, day dreaming crush material than blogworld? Am I right?

Yesterday I had a little oral surgery thing and I am so enamored of Dr. W! He's terribly hunky--one of those men in his mid to late 40's who, although completely silvery-gray haired, just looks better and better as he ages. But that's not why I have deep feelings for him. And he has the kind of bedside manner all patients dream of--he's funny and considerate and gentle and takes very seriously any fears (*ahem* phobias) his patients harbor. But neither is that the cause for my ardor. The real reason I would willingly submit myself further to his care (and let's face it--we're talking about mouth issues and we all know how I feel about mouth issues) is because this phenomenal man administers an IV that you can't even feel!

Ahhhh, Dr. W, thanks to the post op meds you so lovingly prescribed, I am going back to a hazy, drug induced slumber and will dream only of your gentle touch . . .

3 comments:

Storybook Woods said...

Oh my god Kristin you always make me laugh soo hard. But please tell me I do not have to have oral surgery to have those yummy dreams !!! Clarice

Rick said...

Isn't modern medicine grand.

whitenoise said...

nitrous oxide, baby. Made me almost fall in love with my dentist, and he's a man.